BOARDING HOUSES

Survey number:      Owner:      Date of discovery:

ATOLIA MINING & MILLING CO.

In March of 1912 Mr. J. H. Burdick of Johannesburg was reported to have left there to go to Atolia run the company boarding house.

MR. & MRS. F. C. HOFFMAN

In September of 1915 the Randsburg Miner reported that the Hoffman’s were opening a new boarding house in Atolia and that board and meals would be served at all hours. 2

ATOLIA BUNGALOWS—MRS. CARRIE B ANKRUM & MRS. OLIVE MILLER

In May of 1916 according to the local newspaper Carrie and Olive were operating the Atolia Bungalows.  An advertisement in the classifieds also stated that a five bungalow rooming house, completely equipped was for sale in Atolia.

This entry was posted in Atolia, Atolia Merchants. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.

Back to top