PRIDHAM & QUINN EUREKA MILL (KINYON MILL AND SNOW MILL)

Survey Number:      Owner:      Date of Discovery:

January 28, 1898: “It is stated on good authority that capitalists have decided to build a good mill on the Kenyon hill within the next thirty days.” – The Herald February 5, 1898: “A NEW STAMP MILL is to be erected on Fiddler’s Gulch on part of the ground belonging to the Kinyon mine.  The parties are now in Los … More >


Posted in Randsburg, Randsburg Mills, Uncategorized | Comments Off

OPHIR MILL (Willard & Harrison)—CUDDEBACK LAKE

Survey Number:      Owner:      Date of Discovery:

CHRONOLOGY: February 18, 1896: “Mr. McEwen, formerly of Kelso Valley, has sent to Los Angeles for well boring machinery and will erect a mill half-way between Fremont’s Peak and Randsburg, probably near Cuddeback’s wells.”  — Californian June 10, 1896: “SAN BERNARDINO BREVITIES—Roscoe Willard and Edgar Harrison came in from the mines in the Rand District last night say the Times-Index.  … More >


Posted in Randsburg, Randsburg Mills | Comments Off