MERCHANTS

Survey number:      Owner:      Date of discovery:

J. J. Apple — APPLE’S MARKET

When Appel’s Market opened sometime in 1923 or 1924 it featured vegetables, fruits, eggs, butter, cheese, milk, bakery goods, poultry and fish.  After Prohibition was appealed the market also sold whiskey, drugs and notions.  The Appel Market was still doing business in 1950’s.

F. B. ADAMS — OSDICK CASH STORE

From an advertisement in the June 7, 1922 Rand District News, we know that the Osdick Cash store was in business at that time. It is not known when he went our of business, however it is known that he was still in business in 1935.

The Osdick Cash Store issued a paper token.  It is rectangular in shape and measures 26.138 mm by 44.45 mm.  The token came in a book of tokens and was good for 5 ¢ in trade.

.

This entry was posted in Red Mountain, Red Mountain Merchants. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.

Back to top